– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Qmfur Knit Women's Knitted Mink Snood Scarf ShawlQmfur Women's Winter Knit Cape Shawl Knitted Mink Fur Scarf Wrap Stole AccessoryQT Strapless Congreenible Bustier Bra (1100) 40DD WhiteQuad Hot Pink Ponytail Messy Bun BeanieTail Soft Winter Knit Stretchy Beanie Hat Cap
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Quay Australia Farrah Round Sunglasses
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Queen Area Womens Print Bohemian Long Dress Strapless Maxi Boho Dress
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
QUEENIE VISCONTI Women Casual Drawstring Boho Floral Print Terry Wide Leg Palazzo Pants LoungeQuicksilver Betsey Johnson Womens Criss Cross Open Back Tank Yoga ShirtQuintion Norris Women's Spaghetti Straps Sleeveless VNeck Tansparent Back Long Sequined Evening Dress Formal Party Prom GownQWERTY Dress Sequin Dress for Women Arrival Long Sleeve Deep V Neck Shiny Mini Night Club Party Clothes
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
QY Bride Camo Pageant Bridesmaid Dresses Short Cocktail Party Prom GownQY Bride High Low Lace Wedding Party Bridesmaid Dresses Tea LengthQY Bride New Lace Graduation Cocktail Party Dresses Short
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
QY Bride Sexy Sheer Lace Back Mother of The Bride Dresses with SleeveQY Bride V Neck Wedding Guest Mother of The Bride Dress Half SleeveQY Visor Hat Ms Sun Cap Flowers Sun Predection Cap Beach Hat (color Bean color)
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | QIFANDI Vintage Cat Eye Sunglasses Small Metal Frame Candy colors Glasses? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
QZ Home Spring and Summer Shade Ms Hat Travel Hemp Cap Sunhat Elegant Refreshing Straw HatR&M Richards Womens 1 Piece Missy Glitter Jersey and Sheer Coverup Casual Night Out DressR&M Richards Womens Petites Lace Sheath Dress with Jacket
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
R.J. Classics Ladies Essential Collection Navy Plaid 12RER2n fashions I Hope You Like Dogs Dog mom Embroidered Women's Trucker Hats Caps Black GreyRaan Pah Muang Long Afrikan Dashiki Summer Sac Dress with Low Cut Wide V Back