– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
RaanPahMuang Bright Heart Cotton Africa Dashiki Plus Sized Shirt Plain FrontRaanPahMuang Ladies Dashiki Shirt Elastic Pull Waist VCollar Variety colors, Medium, pink PinkRaanPahMuang Salvadore Dali Burning Giraffe Cotton 3 4 Wrap SkirtRaanPahMuang Thin Striped Cotton Two Tone Fisherman Capri Wrap Pants
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Rabbit Grey Heather The North Face Womens Agave Full Zip Jacket
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Racerback Sports Swimsuit Women One Piece Plus Size Swimwear Padded Slim Bathing Suit
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Rachel Pally Women's Dieda Top PrintRachel Pally Womens Linen Pocket Tank BlouseRachel Pally Women's Renate Dress PrintedRachel Rachel Roy Black ChainHalter Top Dress S
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Rachel Rachel Roy Sweater Pencil SkirtRachel Rachel Roy Women's Embellished Crossback Flare DressRachel Rachel Roy Womens Patchwork Print Strapless Swim Top Separates
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Rachel Rachel Roy Womens Scuba Printed Bodycon Dress Black SRachel Roy Hardware Accent Halter One Piece Bathing SuitRachel Roy Womens Cold Shoulder Knit Blouse
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | R&M Richards Womens Halter Neck Beaded Waist Formal Dress Special Occasion Dress? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Rachel Roy Womens Flare Casual TrousersRachel Roy Womens Lace ALine DressRachel Roy Womens One Shoulder Knit Sweater
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Rachel Roy Womens Plus Size Pebble Jacq. Fit and Flare Skirt SkirtRachel Roy Womens S L Jacquard Sweater Dress DressRachel Roy Womens Tie Dye Casual Trousers