– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Rachel Pally Womens MidLength Caftan DRS DressRachel Pally Womens Seaton Sweater Dress Casual Night Out DressRachel Rachel Roy Crinkled Printed PullOn Palaz White Combo SRachel Rachel Roy Sleeveless Shirtdress
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Rachel Rachel Roy Women's Cropped FlareLeg Jeans
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Rachel Rachel Roy Womens Jacquard Pull On Pencil Skirt
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Rachel Rachel Roy Women's Plus Size Hunter Bell Sleeve TopRachel Rachel Roy Womens Sleeveless Above Knee Mini Special Occasion DressRachel Roy Flared Dark bluee Wash Jeans Size 29Rachel Roy Womens Caroline Printed Sequin Dress Cocktail Dress
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Rachel Roy Womens Draped Velvet Cocktail DressRachel Roy Womens Harper Dress Casual DressRachel Roy Womens Long Sleeve Floral Wrap Dress
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Rachel Roy Womens Plus Size Annalee Lace Midi Dress Cocktail DressRachel Roy Womens Plus Size Scoop Neck Dress DressRachel Roy Womens S L Jacquard Sweater Dress Dress
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Raan Pah Muang RaanPahMuang Thick Cotton Two color Fire Dragon Samurai Wrap Pants? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Rachel Roy Womens Textured ALine HighLow DressRachel Zoe Women's Finch Tweed ShortRadiation Predection Antibluee Glasses Goggles Round Frame Plane Mirror no Degree Black Silver
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Radley London Pocket Essentials Crossbody BlackRafaella Women's Petite Printed Embellished Knit TeeRafaella Womens Women's Striped Sleeveless Shift Dress Dress