– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Raga Womens Casual Open Front Soft Knit Cardigan Sweater SweaterRaga Women's The Penelope DressRageOn Technodrome1 Weeds 3D Premium All Over Print Simple DressRago Firm Control Lacette Brief Panty (6197)
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Raibow Sky Uriah Women's Cycling Jersey and White Bib Pants Thermal Fleece Sets Long Sleeve Reflective
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Rails Womens Lily Top Shirt
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Rain Jacket Women Waterproof with Hood Packable Raincoat Breathable Lightweight Windbreaker Rainproof Womens (SXXL)Rainbow Horizon 73 Hard Tail Womens Long Skinny Tank TopRaincoat Oxford Cloth Waterproof and Breathable Reusable Rain Suit Adult Men and Women Hiking Camping Motorcycle (Size XXLarge)Raincoat Hooded Cycling Rainwear Windproof Waterproof Bike Rain Poncho Motorcycle Thicken Rain Cover(5 colors Available) Waterproof Jackets Believe in yourself
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Raisins Junior Samba Solids Mailibu Cheeky Strappy One PieceRajnandini Tussar Silk Plain Party Wear SareeRajnandini Women's Silk Kanjivaram Zari Weaving Work Rich Pallu Saree(NS2016D_Mustard_Free Size)
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Rajnandini Women's Tussar Silk Printed Saree(JOPLNB3006A6001A_Combo Of 2)Rajshri Fashions Women's Semi Silk Saptrangi SareeRalph by Ralph Lauren Women's 0ra5138 Polarized Square Sunglasses Black 58.0 mm
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Rachel Zoe Women's Mckell colorBlock Dress? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Ralph by Ralph Lauren Women's 0rl8144 Rectangular Sunglasses black 0 mmRALPH LAUREN 598 Womens New 5258 Brown Above The Knee Faux Wrap Skirt 12 B+BRalph Lauren Lauren Women's Embellished Sleeveless Jersey Dress Black, 12
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Ralph Lauren RL6142 Eyeglass Frames 558353 Black Grad BordeauxRalph Lauren Womens 2Piece Flannel Sleepwear Pajama Set Red PlaidRalph Lauren Womens Cropped Casual Jogger Pants Natural L 21