– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Antique Style Men's Women's Hot Stylish Letter Printed Hoodie Jackets Windbreaker Coat OutwearAntique Bronze Adrianna Papell Womens Petite Ombre Sequin HighLow Dress with Taffeta Skirt Special Occasion DressAntonio Melani Lily Contrast Lace Sleeveless Sheath DressANTS Strapless Ball Gown Bead Organza Quinceanera Prom Dress
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
ANTS Women's Ball Gown Wedding Dress Organza with Red Lace
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
ANTS Women's color One Shoulder Prom Dresses Long Party Gown
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
ANTS Women's Gorgeous Ruffle Organza Mermaid Wedding Dress for BrideANTS Women's Modest Cap Sleeve Floor Length 2015 Mother of The Bride DressANTS Women's Pleat Long Bridesmaid DressANTS Women's Simple Long One Shoulder Prom Dress 2017 ALine Backless Party Gown
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
ANTS Women's Strapless Organza Lace Wedding Dresses High Low GownANTS Women's Sweetheart Long Evening Dresses with Split Prom GownANTS Women's VNeck Prom Dresses with Black Sash
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Anuschka Handpainted Leather Two Fold WalletAnya Women's Bridal Birdcage Veil Bridal Hat with Swarovski CrystalAOBRITON 12cm Large Brim Fedora Jazz Hat Autumn Winter Trilby Wool Felt Hats Sun Hat
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Annsfashion Women's Thong Bikini Set with 4 Rhinestone Buckles? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
AONOUR Women's Bridesmaid Dress Vintage Floral Lace Sleeveless HiLo Cocktail Party Swing DressAorme Elegant Pleated Beading Evening Dresses Formal Maxi GownsAp1566_black Mono B Women's Performance Activewear Yoga Leggings with Sleek Contrast Mesh Panels Black
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Apollog bluee La whitea Womens Double Strap Tankini Swimsuit Top Tankini SwimsuitAppleline Turkish orange Multi Crew Neck Unlined Islamic Modesty DressApricot Purse for Women,Soft PU Leather Long Wallet Large Bifold Pattern Ladies Long Clutch Purse