– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Aqua Womens Lace Floral Casual DressAqua Womens Spring Fashion Peplum JacketAquaGuard Womens Tm36tt38wexcel Performance Fleece Jacket JacketAquifer Petal Print Toad&Co Women's Chaka Skirt
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Arabic attire Women's Side Open Kaftan Farasha Dress
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Aran Crafts Ladies Lumber Jacket Made from 100% Super Soft Merino Wool
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Aran Woollen Mills Supersoft Merion Knit Triangular PonchoArc'teryx Eagan Tank Top Women'sArctic Quest Womens Insulated Ski & Snow PantsArena Lucynda 39105 Soutiengorge brassière sport black 110D
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
silverinian Leather English Saddle PurseArianne Womens Natasha Lace Chemise 32 Inch, Removable Pads, and Adjustable Straps CamisoleARIAT Womens Heritage Low Rise Knee Patch Front Zip Pant
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Ariat Womens Rocker Dress Casual DressAries Tuttle bluesh Pink V Neck A Line Beach Wedding Dress Soft Lace Tulle Bridal GownAris A Women's VNeck Metallic Pleaded Homecoming Short Dress
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | APXPF Gril's Gorgeous Sweetheart Rainbow Ruffle Prom Gowns Quinceanera Dresses? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Ark & Co. Women's Pocket Embroidered RomperArmani EA3093 Eyeglass Frames 554053 Havana Spot GreyArmani Exchange Women's Injected Woman Sunglass NonPolarized Iridium Round, Black Grey Havana, 53 mm
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Armani International Women's Soft Linen Sleep Shirt Sleepwear Nightshirt for Her, Crafted in EuropeARMANI JEANS Jeans 05J354F BlackArmorme Women's Contrast Racer Striped Pocket Skinny Leg Stretch Denim Jeans