– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Adrianna Papell Women's Capri Eyelet shirtdress White Dress 14Adrianna Papell Womens colorblocked Matte Jersey Fit and Flare DressAdrianna Papell Women's Cutaway DressAdrianna Papell Womens Elsa Cotton Nylon Scalloped Aline Dress Dress
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Adrianna Papell Womens Faille Fit and Flare with Cap Sleeve Dress
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Adrianna Papell Womens Floral Vines Aline Dress Dress
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Adrianna Papell Women's Gauzy Grepe Tuxedo Maxi, bluee Moon, 16Adrianna Papell Women's HighNeck Printed StretchCotton Sheath DressAdrianna Papell Womens Knit Crepe HighLow Flounce Sheath Dress DressAdrianna Papell Womens Lace Overlay Embellished Evening Dress
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Adrianna Papell Women's Long Column Gown with Sequin Lace Bodice and Short SleevesAdrianna Papell Womens Magnolia Cowlneck Sheath Dress Pluss DressAdrianna Papell Womens Mock Neck Long Sleeve Cold Shoulder Burnout Velvet Blouse
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Adrianna Papell Womens One Shoulder Long Jersey Dress Formal DressAdrianna Papell Women's Petite Pleated Surplus VNeck Sheath DressAdrianna Papell Womens Plus Botanical Soiree Pleated Dress Dress
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Adjara Flag Winter Thermal Cycling Jersey for Women? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Adrianna Papell Womens Plus Size Fully Beaded Cocktail Dress with Flutter Sleeves Special Occasion DressAdrianna Papell Women's PlusSize VNeck ThreeQuarter Sleeve FauxWrap DressAdrianna Papell Womens Satin Spaghetti Strap VNeck Ruffled Skirt Long Dress Dress
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Adrianna Papell Womens Shirred Bodice with Bead Detail DressAdrianna Papell Women's ShortSleeve Fully Beaded GownAdrianna Papell Womens Sleeveless Short Beaded Fringe Dress Formal Dress