– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Alo Yoga Womens High Waist Airbrush Legging Printed LeggingsAlo Yoga Womens Mesh Crop Yoga ShirtAlo Yoga Womens Standard Tidal Muscle TankAloha Eyewear Women's Rainier OpticalQuality RXAble Oval Frames 50x18x135mm
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Alp by Brush Ladies Jacket WoolMix with New WashableWool Fabric Inserts
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Alpaca Scarf 60 x 13 From Killarney
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Alpakaandmore Womens Sleeveless Sweater Alpaca Wool blueeAlpha Industries Womens Womens F2 French Decorated Mid Length Field Coat JacketAlsjigytrmx Mesh Patchwork V Neck 3 4 Sleeve Aline Women Elegant Vintage Sexy Flared DressAltea Women's 1863516BLACK Black Cotton Pants
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Alternative Womens Our Favorite 3 Tee Shirt Set TShirtAltura blueePurple 2018 Peloton Womens Short Sleeved Cycling JerseyAlviero Martini Charm keyring Letter S Geo Natural
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
ALYNED TOGETHER Women's One Piece Swimsuit Peekaboo Mesh Detail The Katie Jane SustainableAmanda Uprichard Womens Bailey Top Tank Top Cami ShirtAmanda Uprichard Womens Merigue Dress Dress
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | AllhqFashion Women's Casual ToteStyle Canvas Satchel Picnic Shoulder Bags, FBUBC181436? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Amari Active Chakra Crop Womens Active Yoga LeggingsAmazing Himalayan Guinea Pig Print Women's Bath RobeAmbiance Apparel Women's Long Sleeve Stretchy Knit Sweater
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
American Bling Concealed Gun Messenger Purse Wallet Set Fringe Aztec Design BrownAmerican Living Womens Printed Midi Dress Black 14American Rag Womens LaceUp FloralPrint Romper Classic Black, L