– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
America Movie Captain Women's Long Crewneck Sweater BlackAmerican Flag Heart USA Purse HangerAmerican Living Womens Mock Neckline Shift Dress Black 2American Rag Juniors' CrochetTrim Halter Tunic Top, Tropical Peach, XSmall
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
American Rag Womens Ripped Casual Denim Shorts
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
American pink Women's Elodie Ruffle Sleeve Midi Dress Black Medium
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
American pink Womens Suri Cold Shoulder Ruffle Sleeve DressAmerica's Finest Apparel Minnesota Sunday Funday Women'sAMIgirl Woman's ALine Pleated Vintage Maxi Casual Skirts Floral PrintAmKr Apparel Premium Fabric Folded Side Sleeveless Black Dress (Medium)
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
AMOENA Womens Karolina Wire Free Molded Cup Lace Bra Denim bluee BraAMONIDA Womens Cotton Long Robes Spa Kimono Knit Bathrobe Soft SleepwearAmor by KL Bella Bikini
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Amry Green Retro Party Dress Women's Sleeveless VNeck One Shoulder Evening Gown Bridesmaids Dress (color Wine red, Size L)Amvi Bollywood Designer Party Wear Sari sareeAnais Apparel Ladies Mini Dress
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Alviero Martini Charm keyring Letter S Geo Natural? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
ANALILI Women's Wide Cowl Neck Long Sleeve Top 356M18Ancapell Women's Off The Shoulder Long Sleeve Metallic Glitter Party Midi Dress Ruched High Slit Formal Dress for WomenAndrew Charles Womens TShirt Short Sleeves Round Neck Grey Caroline
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Anekaant Whimsical Corduroy Sling BagANFF Women's Spaghetti Straps Wedding Dress Formal Party Evening Prom DressAngel Bride 2015 Red Bateau Sleeveless Lace Appliques Train Evening Dress