– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Grey Winter Women Girls European and American Boots, Knitted Socks, Buckles, Yoga Legs, Warm, Short, Reversal, Mixed color, Draw Buttons (color Grey) Leg WarmersGrey Yan Show Women's PU Hair Ball Pendant Handbag MultiPocket Shoulder Bag Elegant Top Handle Bag Purse (Black)Grey Black Natori Women's Yogi Wireless Contour CongreenibleGrey001 My Yuccie Women's Super Soft Comfy Print Jogger Pants with Zipper Side Pockets (S XL)
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Greyknot Verdusa Women's Long Sleeve Bodycon Leotard Bodysuit Jumpsuits
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Greylin Womens Yasmine Lace Dress Dress
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
GridNNJacket Women Casual Womens Faux Fur Winter Jacket Parka Hooded Coat Fishtail Long Sleeves OvercoatGrizas Women's Linen and Silk Blend Crinkled Cowl Neck Top PinkGrizas Women's Velvet Devore Tunic Tealgreen Ladies Coat Women's Long Sleeve Zip Hooded Thickening Composite Plush Vintage Print Large Size Hooded Top Wild Tight for Women (color blue, Size L)
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
GStar Raw Women's 3301 Contour Skinny Superstretch Jean in RawGStar Womens Gs Wrap Dress DressGUANYY Women Robe Soft Kimono Robes Cotton Bathrobe Sleepwear Loungewear
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Guess GU7426, Cat Eye, acetate, women, PETROLEUM DARK GREY SHADED(90B A), 58 17 135Guess by Marciano Women Sunglasses White GM621WHT35Guess GU7424 52E (Havana with Brown lenses)
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Grey Fenghuavip Cotton Robes Shawl Plush Lining Bathrobe Spa Kimono with Belted? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
GUESS Nessa Embroidered Satchel SkyGUESS Women's Acetate Square Soft CatEye Sunglasses, 01B, 56 mmGUESS Women's Briella CowlNeck Sweater
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Guess Women's Double Zip Around Wallet Emueshe blueshGUESS Womens Gdjp2617 Cocktail DressGUESS Women's Izzy Floral Joggers