– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
GJX Women's Fishtail Dresses Lace Sexy Deep V Neck Evening Cocktail Party Slim Long Skirt SXXLGlad You Came Plus Size XS3XL Latex Full Body Shapewear Zipper Tummy Control Slip Slim Shaper Butt Lifter BodysuitGlam Women Elegant Touch HandbagGlambition Kaftan Couture Cruzita Jumpsuit 4 Style HandBeaded Kaftan, Abaya
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Glamgoldus Womens Off The Shoulder Maxi Dress Dress
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Glasses Cat Eyes colord Lens Lady's Wood Sunglasses UV Predection Handmade for Men Women
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Glitter Baseball Cap Sequins Mesh Trucker Baseball Cap Snapback Hat Sun Caps for Women GirlGlobal Heavyweight Sherpa Lined Zip Up Fleece Hoodie Jacket Men WomenGloria Vanderbilt Kristine Bermuda ShortsGloria Vanderbilt Women's Jordyn Embellished Capris
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Glossy Faux Patent Leather Structured Shoulder Handbag Women Evening Party SatchelGlyder Lounge Long Sleeve Adobe pinkGMHO Women's Plus Size Long Sleeve VNeck Long Casual Maxi Dress
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Go Sac Womens The SpeedyGocgt Women British Double Breasted Trench Coat Windbreaker with BeltGocgt Women Thicken Outerwear Short Hooded Zipper Winter Warm Down Coat
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Girls Purse Women's Wallet,Lady Cowhide Wallet Zipper Short Wallet Key Packet? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Gocgt Womens Down Coats Winter Jackets Warm Down Parka with CollarGocgt Womens Long Sleeve Casual Loose Fit Stripe Wide Leg 2 Piece Outfits Jumpsuits Long Pants SetGocgt Womens Winter Down Jacket Faux Fur Collar Long Down Jacket Overcoat
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
GodeyesWomen Godeyes Womens gold Velvet Novelty Cut Out Embroidery Cheongsam Dressgold Alex Evenings Womens Cap Sleeve Embroidered Gown Dress (Petite and Regular Sizes) Mother of The Bride Dressgold and Watches Sterling Silver 15mm Tapered Ring