– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
gold Frame Crystal Red Lens Music Festival Small Oval Design Sunglasses for Women Men 100% UV Predection with Casegold iPad blueetooth Wireless Keyboard Air 3 with 7 color Backlit,360 Degrees redate Folio Slim Smart Keyboard Case AutoSleep for 10.5 inch Air 3 INortongold LilySilk Women's Silk Shirt 22 Momme 100% Pure Silk Button Down Tops Long Sleevesgold olise bridal Blingbling Mermaid Prom Dresses Special Design Sparkly Sequin Backless Long Evening Gowns Women Wear
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
gold Saalising Women's Classic Square Polarized Sunglasses, UV400 Predection (color Black Grey)
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
gold Turquoise Eid Sharara Suit
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
gold Womens Dress Sexy VNeck Sleeveless Sequins Wrap Aline Party, Cocktail, Dinner, Ball Promgold00507 Hoohu Womens Hot Sexy Beach Party Club Bikini Backless Camisole Adjustable Body Chaingolden Olive Iovy Multi Nine West Womens Painted Chevron Print Ruffled Cold Shoulder Scuba Dress Dressgoldenfox Women Hooded Soft Plush Fleece Spa Bathrobe Long Sleep Robe SXXL
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Golunski Women's Leather Tabbed Purse Wallet By ; Graffiti Gift Box ColoursGood hYOUman Womens Allison Seafoam Slit Tunic ShirtGood hYOUman Women's Logan Athletic Legging
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Goodbag Boutique Women Hologram Clear Shoulder Bag Girl Waterproof Large Capacity Beach Travel BagGoodie Two Sleeves Womens Friends The Tv Series Graphic Tee TShirtGooket Women's Juniors Winter Outerwear Vests Cotton Padded Detachable Hood Waistcoat
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | gold and Watches 14k TwoTone Hollow Polished 3Dimensional Medium Italian Horn Charm? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Gore Bike WEAR Universal Windstopper Knee WarmersGore Mythos 2.0 Windstopper SO Light Women's Running Vest AW16GORE Wear Women's Breathable 3 4Length Running Tights, GORE Wear R5 Women 3 4 Tights, 100007
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Gorilla WEAR Women's Pueblo TightsGOTHA Women's Imitation Leather Skinny Pants IT 2 Light GreyGottex Contour Cameroon Square Neck Swimsuit