– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Gordini Women's Fall Line II MittGore Bike WEAR Women’s Rain Cycling Jacket, Light, GoreTEX Active, Lady Jacket, Size 42, Neon Yellow White, JGLELMGore Bike WEAR Women's Power Lady GoreTex Jacket, Raven Brown Black, XXLargeGore Sunlight Lady Thermo Long Sleeve Running Top
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
GORE Wear Women's Breathable Cycling Shorts, with Pad, GORE Wear C3 Women 2in1 Shorts +, 100040
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Gorgioous Summer Women Dress Long Sleeve Beach Dress Casual V Neck Maxi Robe
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Gossard 13009 Women's Glossies Lace Black BodysuitGothic Alternative Black and White Striped Mini DressGotidy Women's TeaLength Mother of The Bride Dress Satin Short Sleeve Formal Evening GownGottex Spring Embrace Surplice Swimsuit
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Gottex Womens gold Standard Surplice One Piece Swimsuit OnePiece SwimsuitGottex Women's Rio Surplice Lingerie Strap One Piece SwimsuitGottex Womens VNeck Tunic Swimsuit Cover Up Swimwear CoverUp
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
GownTown Womens 1950s Cape Collar Vintage Swing Stretchy DressesGquan Fashion Scarf Fluffy Thick Warm Scarf Autumn and Winter Long Shawl Dualuse Female Solid colorGquan Fashion Scarf, Female Winter DoubleSided Shawl DualPurpose Solid color Fringed Warm Scarf
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | golden Poppy YELLOW Women Salwar Suit Set Salwar Kameez Readymade Kurti for Women Tunic Top Kurta Set? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Grace Baker Womens Mini Checkered Jacket Black Grey Small, Medium, LargeGrace in LA Women's Easy Fit Skinny JeansGRACE KARIN Women Sleeveless Floral Lace Formal Cocktail Dress
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Grace L.A. Idol Women Plus Bootcut Jeans Mid Rise Aztec Cowgirl Western StretchGrace's Secret Women's 3 4 Sleeve V Neck Pocket Floral Flared Skirt Midi DressGracya B162 Women's Bliss White Floral Embroidered Padded Wired Plunge Bra