– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Betsey Johnson Women's Nina Square BJ463109 Square SunglassesBetsey Johnson Women's Printed Mesh Trim 7 8 LeggingBetsey Johnson Womens Scuba Crepe Sheath with Cutout Neck DressBetsey Johnson Womens Sporty Weekender Bag
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Betsey Johnson Women's Vintage Floral Print Scuba Midi Dress,
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Betsey Johnson Zip Around Wristlet Wallet Black bluesh
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Betsy & Adam Womens Halter Ballgown Dress Formal DressBetsy & Adam Women's Long Lace with Heat StonesBetsy & Adam Womens Plus Bell Sleeves Cocktail Sheath DressBetsy & Adam Womens Short Sequin Party Dress Dress
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Better Denim Women Crop HoodieBETTERUU Womens Faux Winter Jacket Parka Hooded Coat Fishtail Long Sleeves OvercoatBeverly Stewart Autumn Dress Women's Casual Sewn Windbreaker Dress Belt
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Beyond Yoga Plush High Waist Angled Midi LeggingBeyond Yoga Women's High Waist Capri LeggingsBeyond Yoga Women's Spacedye Essential Short
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | BessWedding Women's Short VNeck Lace High Low Red Beaded Dress with Sleeves? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Beyove Women's 3 4 Ruched Sleeve Open Front Lightweight Work Office Blazer JacketBeyove Women's Loose 3 4 Sleeve Casual Button Down Shirt Tops BlouseBezel Set Round Garnet Stackable Ring (5mm Garnet)
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
BGSD Women's Water Resistant Quilted Down Toggle CoatBH B.I.L.Y USA Women's ShortSleeve Open Front Drape Cardigan with Side Pockets Teal SmallBi.tencon Women's Vintage Tie Waist Sleeveless Summer Button Shirt Dress Pockets