– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Bifast Women Long Sleeve Solid Hooded Zip Up Rainproof Windproof Rain Jacket CoatBig Black Dots Womens Reg and Plus Size Long Sleeve Solid and Printed Casual Dresses Made in USABig Plaid Justalwart Women's High Waist Plaid Swing Ruffle Frill Mini Bodycon Skirt Gingham DressBig Star Women's Contrast Stitch Cotton Deinm Jean Jacket Rinsed Wash Small
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Bigasset Women's Thick Warm Winter Jacket Coat Long Sleeve Hooded Coats
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Bigyonger Women's Off Shoulder Crop Top Romper Maxi Skirt 2PCS Outfit Dress
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Bikini Fashion Sexy Cross with One Piece BikiniBikini Factory Women Vintage High Waist Strappy Cut Out Bikini Set SwimsuitBikini Lab Womens Zip Front Long Sleeve Body Suit One Piece SwimsuitBikini Sexy Swimsuit Swimsuit Female 0218
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Bikini Swimsuit, Black Sexy Nylon Fabric Gathered Chest Hanging Neck Tie for Women and Girls (color Black, Size S)Bikinx Women's Boho Beach Dress Empire Waist Long Maxi Dress Batwing Sleeve WrapBILLABONG Womens Akira Snow Jacket Snowboard Jacket
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
BILLABONG Womens Bralette Bikini Top Bikini TopBILLABONG Womens Days Off 2 Hooded Sweatshirt Hooded SweatshirtBILLABONG Womens Flower Dance Dress Dress
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Beyove Womens Solid Turn Down Collar Drawstring Pockets Military Safari Anorak Utililty Vest? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
BILLABONG Womens Hooded Sweater SweaterBILLABONG Womens Line Games Cardigan Cardigan SweaterBillabong Women's Mystic Pearl Shorts
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
BILLABONG Womens Road Trippin Short ShortsBILLABONG Womens Sol Searcher Fixed Triangle Bikini Top Bikini TopBILLABONG Womens Sun Tribe Trilet Bikini Top Bikini Top