– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Black Minnie pink Women's Boucle JacketBlack Mododoc Womens Deluxe Jersey Lace Overlay 3 4 Sleeve TeeBlack MorySong Women's Deep VNeck Bowknot Back Satin Prom Evening Dress with PocketsBlack MSNZS Dresses Short Sleeve Slim Ruffle
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Black Multifit Women Sexy Sequins Triangle Bikini Bathing Suits Glitter Beachwear
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Black Natori Women's Lhasa Pajama Set
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Black New York High Profile Emstate Genuine Leather Trucker Hats Snapback Made in USABlack Nine West Women's Double Breasted Peak Lapel Stretch Crepe VestAvril Dress Layered Strapless Ball Gown Organza Beading Quinceanera Prom DressAvril Dress Mini Short Appliques ALine Homecoming Cocktail Dress Ruffle Beaded
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Avril Dress Regular Straps Flower Satin Lace Applique Wedding Dress Floor LengthAvril Dress Sequins Sweetheart Sheath Sparkle Bridesnaid Evening Prom Dress LongAvril dress Sheath Lace Applique Cocktail dress Vneck Prom Dress Long
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Avril Dress Simple Sheath Evening Spandex Halter Backless Formal DressAvril Dress Strapless Ball Gown Camouflage Cocktail Party Dress ShortAvril Dress Sweetheart Charmuse Lace Applique Aline Evening Party Dress Sweep
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Black Light Grey Pinkydot Women's Baseball Crew Neck Raglan Sleeve Side Ruched Maternity T Shirts Top Pregnancy Shirt? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Avril Dress Vneck Sleeveless Evening Prom Dress SeeThrough Floor LengthAwaye Sleepshirt for Women Button Front Boyfriend Style Top Shirt Long Sleeve Nightshirts Sexy Pajama SleepwearAwesome21 Women's Solid High Waist ALine Pleated Flare Skirt Made in USA
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Awishwill Women's Sexy Deep V Neck Prom Bridesmaid Evening Dress Long Party Dresses GownsAX Paris Women's Crochet Embroidered Mini DressAxami Ladies Babydoll with Thong