– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
SADDLER Womens Leather Medium Tab Wallet with Zipper Coin Purse Peacock blueeSafflower Green Leaf YIPWIN Women's Floral Print Scoop Neck Casual Work Stretch Swing Midi A Line Dresses (Long Sleeve & 3 4 Sleeve & Sleeveless)Sage ARC Studio Womens Button Down 3 4 Sleeve Cropped Knit Cardigan Crochet Sweater (SXL)Sage Joy Susan Jenny Sueded Hobo Handbag
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Sage Mercury J Kara Womens Plus Size Long Dress with Flutter Sleeve Special Occasion Dress
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Saha Sand Trace Viento Off Shoulder Tunic
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Sailor Moon Socks [3 Pair] [Women & Girls] Luna, Artemis, Sailor Moon Crew Socks Fits shoes Size 410 [Ladies]Sakura Fields Black Sunsets Womens Cleo One Shoulder Bikini Top Swimsuit Bikini TopSalewa pedroc SW DST W PNT Women, Speed Trousers Hiking and Hiking, Women's, Pedroc Sw DST W PNTSalimdy Women's Elegant Half Sleeve Deep V Neck Vintage Cocktail Aline Midi Dress
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Salome 0217 Full Body Shaper with Zipper for Women Fajas Colombianas ReductorasSalomon Outline GTX Hiking shoes Women's blueeSalt Creek DL1961 Womens Margaux Instasculpt Ankle Skinny Jeans Jeans
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
SALY Women's Winter Wedding Shawl Fur Scarf Wraps for Evening Party ShowSam Edelman Womens Floral Embroidered Mesh Midi Dress DressSam Edelman Womens Satin 2 in 1 System Jacket Anorak
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | S.L. Fashions Women's Party Dress? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
SAMAGRA CREATIONS Indian Women Designer Party wear Multicolor color Saree Sari SS31517SAMSHOWME Lightweight Women PU Leather Backpack Shoulder Bag Casual Purse (Brown)Samtree Women's Plus Size Floral 3 4 Sleeve Backless Concktail Party Swing Dress
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
San Diego Hat Company Womens CTH8146 Washed Faux Sherpa Cuff BeanieSan Diego Hat Raffia Fedora With Beads (One Size Natural)Sanctuary Clothing Women's Rosie Tie Choker Top