– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Sam Edelman Women's Choker Shift DressSam Edelman Womens Kelly CrossbodySam Edelman Women's Printed IngreenedPleat Tank DressSam Edelman Womens Velvet Legging Leggings
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
SAMAGRA CREATIONS Indian Women Designer Party wear Multicolor color Saree Sari SS3910
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Samplife Wool Fedora Hat Women Felt Floppy Men's Panama Cap Outfit Decorations
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Samsonite ProdDLX 4S RFID Billfold Coin Pouch, 14 cm, Black 75435 1041SAN ANTONIO SPURS DEEP VNECK TEESan Diego Hat Company Women's Dress Hat with Wired Brim and Double BowSan Diego Hat Company Womens UBL6811 Sun Brim w Stripes
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Sanctuary Clothing Women's Elise Tiered Eyelet TopSanctuary Heartbreaker Patched Slim Boyfriend JeansSanctuary Womens Creme Brulee Fall Lightweight Midi Coat
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Sanctuary Womens LaceUp Striped Maxi DressSanctuary Womens Robbie Split HighRise Ankle JeansSanctuary Womens Veronique Elbow Sleeves Mini Sweaterdress
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Sail to Sable Womens Sleeveless Tweed Fringe Dress Cream 4, 6? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Sanderso Women Winter Double Breasted Slim Windbreaker Long Trench CoatSanderso Women's Winter Trench Coat Hood Full Zipper Woolen PeacoatSandra Darren Womens 1 Pc Plus Size Extended Shoulder Bullet Fit & Flare Dress Casual Dress
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Sandra Darren Women's PlusSize 1 Piece Extended Shoulder Floral Cotton Sateen DressSangrahan Indian Women Saree Designer Party wear Wedding Sky bluee color Sari K553950583Sangria Womens Medallion Lace Shift Dress Casual Dress