– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
black Suit Skirt Ladies Off the Shoulder Boho Dress Lady Beach Summer Sundress Maxi Dress bluee Red Black Wild Tight for WomenSCORP Women Short Sleeve Wear to Work Pencil Dress with Belt SXXXLScotch & Soda Womens Destroyed Slim Straight Leg JeansScott 2013 Sawtooth Snow Ski Board Jacket Red Black L
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
SCOUT Daytripper Everyday Tote Bag, Shoulder Bag, Water Resistant, Wipes Clean, Zips Closed, On the Rocks
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
ScrubStar Scrub Top Dr. Seuss' The Grinch Definitely Naughty Women
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
ScudoPro Guatemala Code Short Sleeve Cycling PRO Jersey for WomenScully Western Shirt Womens Cantina Short Sleeve Button PSL066Scully Womens Nonie HighLow Tank TopSDRESS Women's Beaded Crystals Sheer Neck Open Back Long Tulle Formal Prom Dress
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
SDRESS Women's Crystals Appliques Illusion Scoop Neck Long Mermaid Wedding DressSDRESS Women's Off The Shoulder Evening Dress Mermaid Lace Applique Long Prom GownsSDRESS Women's Straps VNeck Pleated Long Mermaid Formal Evening Dress
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
SE MIU Women's Contrast Doll Collar Short Sleeves Above Knee Ruffle Swing DressSea Bags Recycled Sail Cloth White on Navy Octopus HandbagSeabean B Swim Oasis Bralette Bikini Top Swimsuit
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Scarisee Women's Mermaid Halter Backless Lace Evening Dress Formal Appliqued Prom Gown166? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Seafolly Women's Beach Runner BoardshortSeafolly Womens Deep V Plunge Cross Back One Piece Swimsuit One Piece SwimsuitSeafolly Women's Mesh About Sports Tank Bikini Top
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Seafolly Womens Silk Market Sweetheart Maillot One Piece Swimsuit OnePiece SwimsuitSeafolly Women's Walk The Line High Neck Maillot One Piece SwimsuitSeasail 2019 New Illusion White Backless Lace Mermaid Wedding Dress Cap Sleeve Wedding Gown Bride Dress