– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Khanomak Women's Short Sleeve Cold Shoulder Lace Bodycon DressKhkfg Flower Stairs Shelves Wood Flower Stand Corner Garden Plant Display for Flower Pots Holder Rack Garden Shelf Indoor or Outdoor for Balcony Living Room 49x50x100cm (color B)Kicker Buffalo David Bitton Womens Faith Straight Jean JeansKier & J Women's Long Sleeve Stripe Sweater
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
KIKI RIKI Women's Scoop Neck Brazilian Cut Bodysuit
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Killtec Midga Fleece Jacket Womens
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
KimKey Women Halter Two Piece Bikini Swimwear Soft Padding Swimsuit WirefreeKing Kameha Funky Hawaiian Shirt Blouse Women Shortsleeve Frontpocket HawaiianPrint Melon Flamingo FruitsKingdom Leather New Women Genuine Real Leather Jacket Ladies Slim Fit Biker Coat XW606Kingdom Leather New Women Motorcycle Lambskin Leather Jacket Coat Size XS S M L XL XW598
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
KING'S JEANS A670005 Trousers Women Brown 06 38Kipling Amiel Spicy Red CKipling Jude Spc, New Brown
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Kipling Women’s Artego Laptop BagKipling Women's Nylon Handbag CrossbodyKirabon Vintage Round Wood Frame Sunglasses, Outdoor Sunglasses for Men and Women (color orange)
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Khaki 2LUV Women's Stretchy 5 Pocket Skinny Capri Jeans? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Kiribati Flag Winter Thermal Cycling Jersey for WomenKiss Rain Women's Faux Fur Shawl Wrap Stole Cape for WomenKissemoji Women's Glitter Mermaid Bikini High Waist Swimsuit Sexy Bikini
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Kivary Beaded Tiers Organza Short Corset Prom Homecoming Cocktail DressesKivary Sheer Top Open Back Pearls Beaded Lace Appliques Long Prom Evening DressKivary Women Strapless Beaded Pockets Satin Coset Long Formal Evening Prom Dress