– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Killtec Beckie 3in1 Insulated Plus Ski Jacket WomensKimiyar Bohemian Straw Hand Bags for Women Beach Weave Tote Bags Summer Rattan Handmade Hairball Tassel CrossbodyKimono Women's Smooth Touch Long Kimono Robes for Bride and BridesmaidsKingbridal reg; Women's White Lace Appliques Floor Length Evening Gown for Wedding
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Kingdom Leather New Women Genuine Real Leather Jacket Ladies Slim Fit Biker Coat XW656
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Kingdom Leather New Women's Leather Motorcycle Biker Jacket Soft Lambskin XW332
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
King's Camo Pink Shadow Women's Lounge PJ PantsKipling Caralisa K16653m75Kipling Felix Large Handbag One Size Gleaming gold MetallicKipling Seoul Baby Backpack Bag Organiser, 44 cm, 26 liters, bluee (Active Denim)
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Kipling Women's D Riri CrossBody BagKirabon Cat Eyes Design Women's Polarized Sunglasses Nylon Frame TAC Lens UV Predection Sunglasses for Driving Vacation Beach Outdoor Sunglasses (color Coffee)Kirabon Women's MidLength Fashion Half Sleeve Elegant Evening Dress (color bluee1, Size XL)
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Kirkland Signature Ladies' Active Jacket (Variety)KissBridal Women's Black Lace Prom Dress 2016 Formal Evening Cocktail Party GownKISSMODA Womens Elegant Wide Leg Work Jumpsuits Long Fitted Romper Pants Half Sleeve with Belt
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Khaki QiCheng Winter Hat with Pom Pom Faux Fur Beanie Hat Knitted Hat Patterns for Women? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Kivary Black Lace and Mintbluee Short Knee Length Corset Prom Homecoming DressesKivary Sheer Long Sleeves A Line Backless Prom Dresses Beaded Evening GownsKivary Women Beaded Pockets A Line Satin Corset Long Formal Prom Evening Dresses
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Kizaen Women's Chunky Turtle Cowl Neck Asymmetric Hem Wrap Sweater Coat with Button Details BlackKLJR Women Mid Length Fashion Cardigans WoolBlend Large Size Pea Coat OvercoatKLJRWomen FauxFur Collar Pea Coat Belt WoolBlend Trench Coats Jacket