– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Kipling Women's Earthbeat S CrossBody BagKipling Women's Teddy Iaka S Duo CrossBody BagKirabon Unique Irregular Design Women's Polarized Sunglasses TR90 TAC Lens UV Predection Sunglasses for Driving Vacation Beach Outdoor Sunglasses (color Black)Kirabon Women's Sexy Open Back Hight Waist Short Party Evening Dresses (color bluee, Size US18)
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Kirkland Signature Ladies' Active Jacket
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
KISS gold(TM) Top Handle Bags Hobo Shoulder Totes Shopping Handbags for Womens
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
KISSBRIDAL Women's Vneck Mermaid Prom Dresses Beaded Lace Formal Evening GownKissprom Short Prom Dress Bridesmaid Dress pink Cap Sleeves Bud SkirtKivary Deep V Neck A Line Ankle Length Corset Backless Formal Prom Evening DressKivary See Through Top Black Lace White Mermaid Long Sleeves Prom Evening Dress
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Kivary Tulle V Neck Beaded Lace Appliques Formal Evening Prom Dresses with SashKix`ies Lois Thigh High with Black Seam Black AKldscp Mood Indigo Burton Women's Eastfall Jacket, Abyss Hawk Camel, Large
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
KLJR Women Quilted Down Mid Long Puffer Hooded Long Sleeve CoatKLJRWomen Faux Fur Collar Lapel Lamb Lined Long Pea CoatKLJRWomen Winter Thick Faux Suede Sherpa Lined Long Coat
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | KIMILILY Women's V Neck Elegant Lace Formal Cocktail Dress? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Kmformals Women's Halter Prom Ball Gown Formal Evening DressKNAARI Gal Gadot Winter Coat for Women Pocketless Wonderwoman semi Formal Party wearKnit Mink Fur Hat with pinktte Off White
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Knomo Knomad Organizer for Surface Pro 3, OliveKobi Halperin Womens Oriana Lace Hem Cropped Dress PantsKoh Koh Womens Long Kaftan Boho Print Jersey Flowy Casual Abaya Gown Maxi Dress