– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Knitted Winter Beanie Hat Winter Hat Female Thickerplush Warm Slouchy Ski Caps Knitted Wool Hat Earmuffs Hat,EKobi Halperin Womens Agatha Sheer Floral Print BlouseKobi Halperin Womens Marcie Modal Blend Open Front Cardigan SweaterKOGMO Womens Short Sleeve Solid Basic Tunic Top Tee with Side Shirring3XCORAL
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Koh Koh Womens Long Lace Floral Print Sleeveless Semi Formal Summer Maxi Dress
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Koh Koh Womens Long VNeck Full Sleeve Semi Formal Flowy Evening Cute Maxi Dress
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Koi Classics Women's Amber &Frac34; Sleeve Lab CoatKOI Mariposa Women's 372PR Paulina Top (Beautiful Life, XSmall)Koi Women's Deja RoundNeck ZipperFront Jacket with 4Way StretchKolkozy Fashion Muslim Formal Evening Style Kaftan White
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Kolkozy Fashion Women's Designer Wedding Kaftan Dress WhiteKolkozy Fashion Women's Green & White color Long Dress with Hand WorkKolkozy Fashion Women's Long Sleeve Modest Abaya Black
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Kolkozy Fashion Women's Net Brasso and Lace Work Kaftan Yellow and BlackKolkozy Fashion Women's Wedding Dress Kaftan with Trail MaroonKongsta Fashion Suit Women Spring Autumn Fashion Black White Temperament Suit Jacket Nine Pants Two Pieces 1 Sets Plus Size
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Kldscp Mood Indigo Burton Women's Eastfall Jacket, Abyss Hawk Camel, Large? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Koola's hats Women Kentucky Derby Sun Hat Dress party hat Wide Brim Hat Shawl WrapKoral Womens Chameleon High Rise Scuba Legging gold Black Extra Small, Medium, LargeKoral Womens Window Legging Leggings
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Kosher Casual Women's Modest Longer Length (Past The Knee) Lightweight Cotton Lycra Stretch Pencil SkirtKreepsville 666 Women's Crossbone Button Cardigan Sweater Gothic Horror FashionKrush Women's Hooded Double Breasted Printed Puffer Jacket