– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Kulee Women's Hand Knitted Sweater Dress Crew Neck Slim Sweater Bodycon Midi Dress for WomenKumono Womens Sexy Sequin V Neck Long Sleeve Mini Dress Party ClubwearKUT from the Kloth Womens Amelia Denim Jacket in Adorn w Medium Light Base WashKUT from the Kloth Women's Diana Skinny 5 Pocket Jeans in Meraki
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
KUT from the Kloth Womens Natalie High Rise Bootcut in Winsome
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Kvsfab Bollywood Designer Straight Cut Denim Kurta [KVSKR8134DENIM]
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Kyices Womens Open Front Long Cardigan Chunky Cable Knit Sweater CoatKys Dozen Pack Wholesale ''Mason' Masonic Baseball Hats CapsKYWBD Ladies Sexy Split Swimsuit,Beach Vacation SwimsuitKYWBD Visor,Sun Predection Cap Summer Hat Beach Hat
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
L I V D Made in USA Women's Strappy Embellished Studded Cocktail Party DressLSpace Womens color Block Maniac One Piece Swimsuit OnePiece SwimsuitL.Credi Women's Montpellier Shoulder Bag
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
La whitea 2 Piece Tankini Set Threading Along Metallic Embroidery Swimsuit Top & Hipster Bikini Pant Black 8La whitea Womens Daily Grind Halter Goddess Tankini Tankini TopLa whitea Women's Island Goddess Lingerie OnePiece Swimsuit
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Koral Womens Knight Legging Leggings? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
La whitea Women's Pareo Swimsuit Beach Cover UpLa whitea Womens Standard Beyond The Jungle V Plunge One Piece SwimsuitLa Cera Flannel Bed Jacket
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
La Maison Talulah Womens Analog Lace Bodycon Cocktail DressLa Mariee Girl's Asymmetrical Mini Homecoming Ball Dresses with Beading 2016La Mariee Sweatheart Evening Formal Prom Dresses With Appliques For Women