– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
JudyBridal Womens Denim Jacket Boyfriend Loose Fashion Distressed Oversized Jean JacketJudyBridal Women's Short Halter Homecoming Dress Beading Tulle Prom DressJuexianggou Water Ripples Printed Swimsuit Swimsuit BikiniJuicy Couture Black Label Womens Flirty Ruffled Sleeveless Wrap Dress
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
JUICY COUTURE Eyeglasses 120 0FX2 Tortoise Red 52mm
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Juicy Couture Women's Ankle No Show 3 Pair Pack Socks Sparkle Assored
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Juicy Couture Womens KNT Juicy Glitter Graphic Tee TShirtJuJuTa Womens Slim Office Long Sleeve 2 Pieces Blazer Jacket Pants Suit SetsJULES & JIM Maternity Women's Sweater Dress, Medium, Berry GreyJulia Jordan Womens Layered Asymmetrical Mini Dress
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Julian Taylor Womens 3 4 Sleeved Fit and Flare Dress with Stripes DressJulian Taylor Womens Plus Size Line All Over Lace Dress DressJulianna Rae Women's J'Adore Short Cotton Spa Robe
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Julitia Women's Clothing Christmas Sweater Casual Dress Sweater The New 2019JUMP Womens 10056 Special Occasion DressJUN Cashmere Scarf Ladies Winter Thick Warm Lattice Versatile Shawl (color D)
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | JS Boutique Women's Shantung Surplus Bodice Beaded Waist Dress? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
JUN Scarf Print Silk Embroidery Long Section Wild Mulberry Silk Scarf Shawl Beach Towel (Length 55175cm, Packing of 1) (color B)JUN Women's Scarves Female Silk Scarf Shawl Scarf Dualuse Box (color D)Junapink Womens Plus Size Reeve Long Sleeve Dress Dress
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
JuneBridal Plus Size Wedding Dress with Sleeves for Bride 2017 Mermaid Lace Bride GownsJune's Young Summer Women Hats Straw Natural Small Brim 1.5 Inches (Grey Black)June's Young Women Hat Summer Women Organza Hat Ladies Sun Hat Beach Hat