– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Kaos Women's CO0103003 bluee Cotton PantsKaporal Women's Jacket LALOUE Beige, US Size L UK Size XLKaporal Jeans Women's Sleeveless Dress Kaporal BOL TREILLKappa Women's 303WGV0974 White Polyester Shorts
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Karen Kane DoubleLayer Tank Top (gold, M)
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Karen Kane Womens Asymmetric Shift Dress Dress
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Karen Kane Womens Burnout Velvet Shirttail TeeKaren Kane Womens Contrast Modern Stripe Halter Dress DressKaren Kane Womens DrapeFront Layered Top Tank Top Cami ShirtKaren Kane Womens Faux Leather Detail Dress Casual Dress
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Karen Kane Womens Fresco Floral Print Cold Shoulder Party DressKaren Kane Women's Lace Inset Detail TopKaren Kane Women's Maxi Flare Skirt
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Karen Kane Womens Plus Jersey Floral Print Cocktail DressKaren Kane Womens Plus Size Smocked Sleeve Taylor Dress Business Casual DressKaren Kane Womens Relaxed Casual Sweatpants
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Kaftan Turquoise Sociala Women's Swimsuit Beach Swim Cover Up Bathing Suit Cover Ups for Swimwear? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Karen Kane Womens SideTie Knit SweaterKaren Kane Womens Tie Neck Credver TopKAREN MILLEN Fashions Limited Women's Brompton TopHandle Bag
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Karen Scott Petite Plaid Puffer VestKarina Grimaldi Womens Alma Linen Shorts Black Extra Small, SmallKarl Lagerfeld Paris Womens Skinny Pant Dress Pants