– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Kasper Womens Petites Cote D'Azure Printed Scuba Pencil SkirtKasper Womens Plus Floral Printed Scuba Crepe Dress with Triangle Key Hole DressKasper Womens Plus Size a Line Chevron Print Ity Maxi Skirt SkirtKasper Womens Plus Size Short Sleeve Crepe Square Neck Dress Dress
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Kasper Womens Plus Stretch Crepe Solid Jacket Zip Front (1) Jacket
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Kasper Womens Ribbed Knit Bell Sleeve Dress Dress
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Kasper Women's Sleeveless Lawn Wrap DressKasper Womens Stretch Crepe Fly Away JKT BlazerKasper Womens V Neck CDC Cami with Grommet Tie BlouseKatblink Women's Long Sleeve Button Casual Blouse Tunic T Shirt with Pockets
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Katie K Active Plus Size Tank Tops Plus Size Tank Top Women (L 3XL) Full Figure Racerback Workout Tank TopKatiewens Women's Sexy 2 Pieces Set V Neck Strap Bow Tie Crop Top and Bodycon Mini Skirt Ruffles Dress RedKatydid Simply Blessed Women's Trucker Hat
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
KAVU Women's Vesty Vest HoodieKayamiya Women's 1920s Beaded Sequin Geometric Pattern Maxi Long Gatsby Flapper Prom DressKB Ladies Messenger Bag Leather Simple Fashion
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Karl Lagerfeld Paris Womens Tweed Button Up Jacket Blazer? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Keaac Men's Women's Winter Thicken Coat Down Jacket Warm Hood Maxi CoatKeaac Women's Down Coat Fashion Winter Coat Down Parka Puffer Jacket with HoodKeaac Women's Solid Coat Ultra Light Weight Long Down Jacket
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Keepsake The Label Womens All Night Sleeveless V Neck Gown with Lace Ruffle Detail DressKeepsake The Label Women's Hold On Lace Dress bluesh XSmallKeepsake The Label Womens Romance Sleeveless V Neck Draped Midi Dress Dress