– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Lightec 7071l Mens Womens Vision Care Newest Season Designer Fullrim Spring Hinges Eyeglasses GlassesLightning Bolt L.Bolt Juicy Knot Strapless Bikini Poppy RedLightweight PolyKnit Soft Striped Lines Infinity ScarfLija Women's Straight Short Printed
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
LIKELY Womens Cerillo Dress Cocktail Dress
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
LIKELY Womens Isla Jumpsuit Jumpsuit
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
LIKELY Womens Mason Sleeveless Half Tuck Blouse BlouseLIKELY Womens Terry Dress DressLikemary Racer Back Wide Leg Culotte Jumpsuit blueepurplec ASBridal Quinceanera Dress High Neck Lace Formal Prom Party Gown Open Back Sweet 16 Quinceanera Dresses
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
purplec women Morgan Womens Sleeveless Square Neck Crepe Dress Business Casual Dresspurplec IVYPRECIOUS 2 Pieces Quinceanera Dresses Sequins and Tulle A Line Long Prom Dressespurplec Maternity Women's Maternity Shift Dress
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
purplec PuTao Women's Sweetheart Beaded Appliques Sweet 15 Quinceanera Dressespurplec Sweetheart Lace Applique Ball Gowns for Sweet 16 Quinceanera Dresspurplec Women's Lace Applique Floor Length Tulle Ball Gown Quinceanera Dress
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Light grey SED ScarfWoman Winter Scarf Thick Warm Knit Scarf Long Scarf Shawl AllMatch? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
LILBETTER Women's Short Sleeve Pocket Casual Loose TShirt DressLilla P Womens Double Layer Tie DressLilla P Womens Short Sleeve VNeck
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Lilly Pulitzer Women's Buttercup Stretch ShortsLilly Pulitzer Womens Katia Short Casual ShortsLilly Pulitzer Womens Quincy Dress Dress