– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Indian Virasat Women's Floral Printed Front Slit KurtaIndian Pakistani Designer Anarkali Gown Wear for Woman MaishaIndies Womens Malot Jean Black 36,38,40,42Indigo orange Floral Women's Cotton Canvas & Vegan Leatherette Crossbody Wristlet Cellphone Tote
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Indigo Coral Crushed Waves Lucky Brand Womens Keyhole Front Tankini Swimsuit Top Swimwear CoverUp
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Infinity Headwear Ladies Caps 6 Packs
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Inge Christopher Lou Lou ClutchIngrid & Isabel Womens Maternity Maternity Long Sleeve Pleated DressInk bluee EDressy Women's High Low Bridesmaid Dresses Beaded Sweetheart Prom Evening Gowns Long Formal DressInka Rib Dark Olive Seafolly Womens 80's High Cut Tank One Piece Swimsuit OnePiece Swimsuit
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
INMONARCH Womens Amazing Shaded Red Net Saree SSA9309INMONARCH Womens Luscious Net Jequard Designer saree SSA3615INMONARCH Womens Yellow Cut Work Silk Wedding Saree SRD19002A
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Inov8 Women's Race Elite 180 Trail ShortsInstar Mode Women's Long Open Front Drape Lightweight Long Sleeve CardiganInsun Women's Slim Fit Single Breasted Long Wool Coat with Belt
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Indian Handicrfats Export Dupatta Bazaar Beige Silk Dupatta? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Intimate Boutique Women's 3 4 Sleeve Striped Dress with Side PocketsINTO THE AM Poltergeist Premium All Over Print LeggingsInvoland Women Plus Size Sheer Mesh Patchwork Tunic Dress Long Sleeve Swing Dress
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Iphone X PU Leather Wallet Phone Case Iphone Cover with Card Holder Predective Folio Flip CaseIrenwedding Women's Bateau Lace Sleeves V Back Bowknot Beach Wedding DressIrenwedding Women's Spaghetti Allpique Lace Beading Open Back Train Wedding Dress