– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
J Brand Women's Sadey MidRise Slim Straight in WhiteJ JUN Silk Scarf Long Paragraph Wild Printed Shawl Silk Silk Sunscreen Soft Comfortable Beach Towel (170 53cm, Packing of 1) (color I)J Kara Women's Long Beaded V Trim Detail Dress with ScarfJ Kara Womens Plus Size 3 4 Sleeve with Scallop Beaded Pop Over Gown Special Occasion Dress
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
J Kara Womens Women's 3 4 Sleeve Geo Beaded Gown Special Occasion Dress
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
J&W Women's Soft Cool Comfortable Dress Cotton Large Simple Clothing 09
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
J. Crew Mercantile Women's Shirt JacketJ.Crew Mercantile Womens Canvas Motorcycle Jacket Cotton Lightweight JacketJ.Crew Women's 8 Midrise Skinny JeanJ.Lindeberg Womens Wind Pro Stretch Vest Transitional Jacket
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
J.O.A. Womens Corset Detail Woven 3 4 Sleeve Lace Up Blouse BlouseJ.O.A. Womens Front Split Bodycon DressJ.O.A. Womens Off The Shoulder Knot Tie Sleeve Top Blouse
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
J.O.A. Womens Short Sleeve V Neck Button Down Aline Midi Dress DressJ.O.A. Womens Tweed Mini Skirt with Self Fringe and ButtonsJabsco 92000023P Marine Replacement Impeller (Nitrile, F Silhouette, 3 4 Deep, 4 Single Flat Drive, 5 16 Shaft, 10 Blade, 1 9 16 Diameter, Brass Insert, High Pressure)
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Ivory Yellow Gabby Skye Womens Elbow Sleeve V Neck Midi Aline Dress Casual Dress? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Jack by BB Dakota Women's pinktta Light French Terry and Crochet Trim TankJack Wolfskin The Humboldt Pants WomenJack Wolfskin Women's Dry N'Light Tee, Dark Steel, Large
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Jack Wolfskin Women's Karelia Trail Waterproof Insulated Rain JacketJack Wolfskin Women's Pack n Go Lightweight Windproof Puffer VestJack Wolfskin Women's Travel Striped Odor Inhibiting Dress