– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
J.O.A. Womens Tank Lace Dress DressJ.W. Anderson Women's AC00319A471450 Red Leather Key ChainJAASA Women Bag Handbags Tote Over Shoulder Crossbody Bag Sling Tassel Purses Suede Fringe Coffee color Leather TasselJack by BB Dakota Women's Corinth Jumpsuit Black Jumpsuit 6
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Jack Skellington Nightmare Before Christmas Famale Long Hoodie Sweater Long Sleeve Cute Hoodie Sweatshirt
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Jack Wolfskin Sutherland Crossing Women
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Jack Wolfskin Women's Caldera JacketJack Wolfskin Women's Glen VestJack Wolfskin Women's Kiranyi Texapore CoatJack Wolfskin Women's Northern Pass Women's Windproof Soft Shell Jacket PFC Free, Black, Large
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Jack Wolfskin Women's Skyland HoodieJACK Womens Alfons Printed CDC Sleeveless TopJACK Womens Colbie Tapastry Stripe Dress with Contrast Tape Trim Dress
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
JACK Women's Gisele Printed TopJACK Women's Level Up Buttoned Drop Shoulder SweaterJACK Womens Romantic Feelings Light Weight Blouse Blouse
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | J. Crew Factory Women's 4 Inseam Lattice Geometric Cotton Shorts? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
JACK Women's Wanna Spoon Cable Knit Sweater Wih Sleeve CutoutsJacket ThreePiece Suit Sportswear Women's Casual Sports Suit Autumn (color B, Size XXXL)Jacqueline De Yong Women's 15129969blueE bluee Cotton Shirt
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Jade Fashions Inc. Women Hawaiian Long Tube Top with Fish Tail Ginger bluee DressJade JAEDEN Prom Dresses Long Quinceanera Dress Ball Gown Formal Evening Gowns Sweetheart Prom DressJAEDEN Evening Gown Woman Prom Dresses Long Lace Party Dress Off The Shoulder Dresses