– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Jag Jeans Women's Paley Pullon Bootcut JeanJag Jeans Womens Petite Peri Straight Pull on Pant PantsJag Jeans Womens Rochelle Slim Anklecamo JeansJAG Womens Caribbean Sunset Stripe Congreenible Back Bikini Top Bikini Top
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
JAGGY Women's Anne Slim Fit Jeans, 30, Navy bluee
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Jaipur Kurti Women Casual Tunic Geometric ALine Maxi Cotton Dress (Maroon)
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Jakani Cuir PF10B Genuine Leather Wallet for Women Handmade, Mgoldccan leather walletJam Purple3 goodmansam Women's Simplicity Style Nightwear Elegant Kimono Robes, LongJamawar Premium Silk Stole Pattern 4021 by Pashmina & SilkJames & Nicholson Women's Running Jacket
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
James Jeans Womens Carlotta Wide Leg Crop Jean in White JeansJames Jeans Womens J Twiggy Ankle Length Legging in Catalyst JeansJames Jeans Women's PlusSize Neo Beau Classic Boyfriend Jean
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
James Jeans Womens Twiggy JeansJamie Sadock Womens Airwear Light Weight 18 in. SkortJane & Bleecker 2 Piece Long Sleeve Pajama Set
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Jackie London Women's 4500 Bodyshaper Black? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Janira Secrets Silhouette High BriefJantzen Women's Solid OnePiece Swimsuit with Back StrappingJarlo Womens Athalia OffTheShoulder Party Evening Dress
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
JASY Black VNeck Long Mermaid Prom Dresses for WomenJax Womens Embellished Fit N Flare DressJax Womens Sleeveless Midi Length Dress with Trumpet Skirt Dress