– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
HUPOO Women's Slim Fit Notch Lapel Collar Double Breasted Swing Hem Outerwear Wool Blend CoatsHurley Juniors Supersuede Solid Beachrider ShortHurley Womens Modernist One Piece Jumpsuit JumpsuitHurley Womens Quick Dry Street Ready Surf Leggings Leggings
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Hush Puppies Womens Vivianna Lace Up Heeled Boot
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Huub Women's Core Trisuit SS19
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
HyBrid & Company Womens Casual Short Sleeve Open Front Drape CardiganHycurey Women's Winter Vintage Poncho Capes Tassel Blanket Plus Size Shawl Wrap Cardigan CoatHyFASHION Womens Ladies Sport Dynamic Jacket (XL) (Navy Petrol bluee)HyPERFORMANCE Womens Ladies Power Riding Skin
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Hzpxsb Simple OnePiece Swimsuit Female LongSleeved Classical Flower Fashion Sexy Handsome Hot Spring Vacation (Size XL)I BRNEBN Female spring and summer cap flat top hat stylish visor outdoor alpine hat CLOTH HATI NeedYou Steel Boned Waist Cincher Latex Corset Square Buckle Waist Trainer Corset Body Shaper Slim Shaper Shapewear
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
I.N.C. International Concepts Women's Curve Creator Indigo Wash Skinny JeansI.N.C. International Concepts Women's Petite Printed ColdShoulder DressI+k 100% Pure Wool Scarf Womens Winter Warm Wrap Shawl Pashmina with Gift Box
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Hugo Boss BOSS Womens Fatilde Open Front 3 4 Sleeves Cardigan Sweater? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Ibluees Women's 71010791BLACK Black Polyester SkirtIC Collection CutOut Tunic in Pink 2991TIC Collection Striped Button Front HighLow Jacket in Navy 2031J
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Ice Age Collision Course Women's Long Hooded Sweatshirt BlackIce Cool Ladies Women's Black Twill Denim Maxi Skirt Sizes 10 to 28. Length 35 Icebreaker Merino Affinity Long Sleeve Zip Sweater Top, New Zealand Merino Wool