– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Hush Lace Cage Demi BraHutch Women's Split Neck BlouseHybrid & Co. Women's 17 Butt Lift Super Comfy Stretch Denim Capri JeansHyBrid & Company Womens Super Comfy Slim Fit Sleeveless Midi Dress Made in USA
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
HYF Small Crossbody Bags Shoulder Bag for Women Stylish Ladies Messenger Bags (color Black, Size Onesize)
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
HYLIU Infinity Scarf Large shawl ladies long square towel warm Styles Cozy Pa
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Hypoallergenic Luxe 100% Baby Alpaca wool Socks, Handknit, Thermo, Silky, XXLHzpxsb Swimsuit Female Siamese Flat Angle Covered Belly was Thin Conservative Skirt Style Large Size Gathered Sexy Korean Hot Spring (Size XL)I Can Do All Things TShirtI NeedYou Printing Knitted Dress Women Vintage Strap Backless Summer Dress Beach Long Dress Vestidos
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
I.N.C. International Concepts INC International Concepts MixedMedia Utility ShirtI.N.C. International Concepts Women's Petite FloralPrint Mini SkirtI.N.C. International Concepts Women's Printed Sheath Dress
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
IANXI Home Women's Nightgown Simulation Silk Kimono Robe Elegant Pure color Thin Cardigan Robe Summer Sexy Short Bathrobe (color Sky bluee, Size M)IBYNKI Women's Onesie Made from Soft French Terry Cotton with a Slim Fitted Catsuit Like Pajama for Cozy Lounge WearIC Collection Knit HighLow Scarf Tunic in Red 1197T
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Huifany Wedding Dresses Ball Gown Scoop Neck Cap Sleeves Appliques Bridal Gowns? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Icaw010 Camel Instar Mode Women's Soft Basic VNeck Snap Button Down Knit CardiganIce bluee MorySong Women's Mermaid Sweetheart Prom Dress Long Split Formal Evening GownIce pink Dress the Population Womens Women's Emery Long Sleeve Stretch Sequin Midi Sheath Dress
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Icebreaker Merino Fluid Zone Half Zip Running & Hiking Top W Hood, New Zealand Merino WoolIcebreaker Merino Women's CoolLite Yanni Tank DressIcebreaker Persist Hiking Shorts, Soft, Breathable, Moisture Wicking