– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
HYF Women's Leather Handbag Tote Shoulder Crossbody Bag for women (color Red, Size Onesize)HYLIU Infinity Scarf ted fashion comfortable warm big shawl Styles Cozy Party SHyPERFORMANCE Womens Ladies Thermal Softshell BreechesHzpxsb Ladies Sexy Deep VNeck Solid color Openwork Strapless Backless Body Tight Waist High Waist Sleeveless Bikini Beach Swimsuit (Size S)
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
I Am Women's D60068WHITE White Polyester Jumper
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
I KELADEY Women's Canvas Multicolor block Shopping Handbag Shoulder Bag
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
I Sun silkworm silk scarves Ladies long summer shawl Beach towel scarvesFI.N.C. International Concepts Women's CurvyFit Ink Wash FlareLeg JeansI.N.C. International Concepts Women's Petite Ombre Surplice Butterfly TopI.N.C. International Concepts Women's Shirttail Sweater (Bright bluee, XXL)
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
IBaste Womens A Line Empire Sleeveless Dresses Audrey Hepburn 1950s Vintage Pleated Slim Party DressIbow015 Black Instar Mode Women's Versatile Bodysuit Leotard in Varies StylesIC Collection Holiday Shimmer Trumpet Sleeve Tunic 5195T
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
IC Collection Two Tone Long HighLow Asymmetric Jacket in Grey 2082JIce bluee Curvify 764 Women's ButtLifting Skinny Jeans HighRise Waist, Brazilian StyleIce Cool Ladies Women's Black Twill Denim Maxi Skirt Sizes 10 to 28. Length 35
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Hunter Bell Women's Mary Maxi Dress (Cobalt)? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Icebreaker Impulse Running Short Women'sIcebreaker Merino Vista Bootleg Travel Pants, Zealand Merino WoolIcebreaker Merino Women's Tech Lite Short Sleeve Scoop Tee Embrace The Journey Graphic
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Icebreaker Women's Nomi Racerback Tank TopIcegrey Women's Plaid High Collar Knitted Sweater Poncho Shawl RedIcona by Alexandra Workwear Womens Icona Maternity Trousers Charcoal 14 U