– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Icebreaker WMNS Rush ls ZipIcebreaker Women's Tech Lite Short Sleeve V Dress StripeICEGREY Women's Knitted Long Cardigan Sweater Coat Warm JumperIClosam Women Open Front Cardigan 3 4 Sleeve Long Sleeve Cropped Bolero Shrug
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Iconic luxe Women's Oversized OffShoulder Jumpsuit with Pockets
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
ICONOFLASH Women's Marbled Knit Turtleneck Sweater Poncho Cape
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Icyzone Yoga Tops Activewear Raglan Workout Tank Tops Fitness Sleeveless Shirts for WomenIDEALSANXUN Women's Aline Sleeveless Cotton Linen Loose Long DressIdeology Womens Cropped Space Dye Athletic LeggingsIdeology Womens Printed Stretch Shorts Purple XS
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Idingding Long Maxi Dress, Womens Long Sleeve Plain Pockets Pleated Tunic Loose Swing Casual DressIecool Women's Long Sleeve Front Zipper Casual JumpsuitIgnite Women's Burnout Knit Bolero Jacket Over Drape Neck Evening Dress
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Ignite Women's VNeck Mesh Inset Open Back Long Evening GownIhow010 Navy bluee Instar Mode Women's Casual Warm Fluffy Faux Fur Oversized Outerwear Jacket CardiganIjkw050 Mauve Instar Mode Women's Casual Warm Fluffy Faux Fur Oversized Outerwear Jacket Cardigan
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | IC Collection Holiday Shimmer Trumpet Sleeve Tunic 5195T? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Ikerenwedding Women's Jewel Beading Open Back Mermaid Tulle Evening DressIKRR Women's Knit Dress Strap Bodycon long sleeve Backless Mini DressIli Leather Smartphone Crossbody Wallet with RFB,One Size,Black
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Ilishop Women's Long Sleeve UV Predection Rash Guard Printed SwimsuitI'll NEVER BE HER Thicken Warm Winter Coat Women Oversized 2018 Large Fur White Duck Down Hooded Outerwear Winter etILSE JACOBSEN Women's VNeck Striped Trim Jumper Dress Black