– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Filament Grey Jamie Sadock Women's Airwear Lightweight Knee CaprisFincati Women Scarves 100% Goat Cashmere Winter Wrap Pashmina 65''x30'' Contrast color Twist Knit ShawlFindersKEEPERS Women's Be My Kind DressFindersKEEPERS Women's Heat Wave Pink Animal Print Wrap Top,
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
FindersKEEPERS Women's No Light Straigh Highwaisted Skirt
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
FindersKEEPERS Womens Surrender Sleeveless Hook and Eye Detail Mini Dress Dress
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Fine 14k White gold Eastern Orthodox Cross RingFineFolk Womens Round Neck Tassel Trim Short Sleeve Summer Mini ALine DressFinetastic Women's MidRise Compression 3 4 TightFiorelli [N9152] Wallet + checkbook holder zipped 'Fiorelli' red 20x10x2 cm (7.87''x3.94''x0.79'').
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Fire Brick ToBeInStyle Women's 5Pocket Skinny Fit Ponte PantsFirm Control OpenBust Panty Bodysuit Latex Zipper Closure Shapewear Faja, Open File Body Shaper for WomenFirst Lite Women's Lupine Crew
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Fishers Finery Women's Tranquil Dreams Capri Pajama SetFISOUL Women's High Waist Bodycon Mini Skirt School Girl Plaid Uniform SkirtFit 4 U Womens Fit 4u WallFlower One Piece Swimsuit Dress One Piece Swimsuit
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Fieer Women's Vintage gold Velvet Plus Size Nail Bead Cheongsam Split Dresses? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Fitness Clothing Sportswear LongSleeved Yoga Clothes ThreePiece Ladies QuickDrying Breathable Running Fitness ClothesFitty Lell Women's A Line Lace Beach Wedding Dress Cap Sleeves Bridal GownFitty Lell Women's Sequins Bridesmaid Dress Ruffled Formal Evening Prom Gown
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Fjallraven Women's Trekking Equipment TShirtFJMM Mermaid Wedding Dress Lace Appliques Bridal Gowns with Detachable TrainFjog8161 Red Always Women Drawstrings Joggers Pants Super Soft Fleece Warm Sweatpants