– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Enza Costa Womens Tissue Jersey Loose Long Sleeve VNeck TShirtEphphatha Womens Solid Short Sleeve Boat Neck Dolman Top with Side Shrring Designed in USA (S3XL)Epoch Bravo Black Polycarbonate Frame with bluee Mirror Polarized SuperHydrophobic LensEquilibrium High waist push up panty with zipper C4146
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
EQUIPMENT Femme Ava Blouse XS
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Equipment Womens Women's Plaid Tie Waist Marcelle Trouser Casual Pants
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Eric Javits Luxury Fashion Designer Women's Handbag Zip Wallet purpleErika Womens Bedelia Twilight Solstice Print Top with Side Ties ShirtErin Fetherston Womens Serenade Dress DressEpinkbridal Applique Sequin Two Pieces Prom Gowns Long Sleeve Sheer Illusion Evening Party Dress
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Epinkbridal Lace Wedding Dresses with 3 4 Sleeves 2018 Open Back A Line Bow Bridal GownsEpinkbridal Sleeveless Lace Evening Formal Dress with Illusion Bodice Long Prom GownsEpinkbridal Women's Floral Embroidery Mesh Sheer Open Back Evening Cocktail Dress with Sash V Neck Short Bridesmaid Gowns
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Errea Unisex Jill Long Sleeved Zip Hooded TopEsast Women LooseJackets Bread Cotton Linen Pocket Fur Collar Hood JacketEsast Women's Classic Notched Lapel Solid color Embroidery Print Coat Jacket
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Endless pink Women's Ruffled OneShoulder Dress? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Esast Women's Overcoats Winter Double Breasted Wool Blend Long Pea CoatESBAIG Womens Leather Jackets Stylish Motorcycle Bomber Biker Real Lambskin Leather Jacket for Women 513Escalier Womens Hooded Warm Winter Coats Faux Fur Lined Parkas Jackets
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Eskadron Equestrian.Fanatics Women ZipHoodie LILIESPRIT 087ea1o030, Women's Shoulder Bag, blue (Navy), 2x17,5x25 cm (B x H T)ESPRIT Women's Cotton Trench Coat