– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
EthnicWear New Peach Festival Party Indian Art Silk Designer Traditional Women Wear Cut Work SareeEtnia Barcelona Blai BKWH, Black White, 5122mm, Round, SunglassesEtnia Barcelona Women's Eyeglasses Amalfi HVFU Havana Fuscia Optical Frame 54mmETNODIM Woman Ukrainian Ethnic Embroidered Boho Black Grey Dress Long Sleeve Mid Calf Vyshyvanka Linen
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Etonic Womens FLX Vest Hoodie
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Etwoa's American Football Pattern Infinity Circle Scarf
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Etwoa's Killer Whale Pattern Infinity Circle ScarfEulo Camisoles for Women with Built in Bra Cotton Cami Tank Tops with Shelf Bra 2 PackEurope and The United States Explosion Retro Digital Printing Large Size onePiece Swimsuit SwimsuitEuropean and American New Comfortable Bib,HighEnd Knitted Scarf Circle Plaid Shawl,DualUse Autumn and Winter Women's Long Wild Scarf,190 80 cm
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
European leather wallet 'Frandi' bordeaux (peas).Euredard Women's Jfl17 Body ShaperEva Varro Women's 3 4 SLV V Neck A Line Dress
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
EVALESS Women's Floral Printed Patchwork V Neck Two Piece Swimsuit Padded Tankini SetEVEDESIGN Women's Loose Wool Coats Faux Fur Lapel Collar Thicken Trench JacketsEvening Bag Women Fashion Genuine Leather Shoulder Bag Lady Casual Handbag Top Handle Satcel Tote Bag Multicolor Party Handbag (color Silver, Size Medium)
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Essentielle Women's Triblend Crop Top Hoodie? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Evening Dress for Women Formal Sequins Split Long Prom Dresses BridesmaidEvening India Clothing Scarves Stole Women WrapEverBeauty Juniors Halter 2 Piece Homecoming Dress 2019 Short Sleeveless Tulle Prom Dress
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
EverBeauty Womens TeaLength Sleeveless Satin Cocktail Party Dress Short Aline Evening Homecoming DressEverly Grey Womens Maternity Dawn and Nursing Chemise 4 Piece Pajama Set Nursing Pajama SetEverPretty Women's Elegant Long Evening Party Dress 08761