– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Eve Denim Womens The Jane Flare Jeans Malibu 25, 26, 27, 28, 29Evelots Bow Tie Style Sweater Collar Clipwith ChainCardigan BlouseAsst.StylesEvening Bag Summer Crossbody Bag Vintage Embossed Saddle Bag Fashion Shoulder Leather Bag Party Handbag (color Red, Size 27.511.522.5cm)Evening bluee Stripe Helly Hansen Women's Naiadline FullZip Hooded Jacket
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Evening Dress Women Formal Dresses Prom Party Ball Gown Sleeveless Backless Sequin Long Dress (color Pink, Size L)
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Evening India Clothing Cotton Ladies Tank Top
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Ever New Womens Emily Lace Sleeve Wrap BlouseEverBeauty Womens Lace Appliques High Low Prom Dresses Long Aline Formal Evening GownEverBeauty Womens VNeck Prom Dress with Slit 2019 Long Sleeveless Aline Satin Evening Formal GownEverly Grey Women's Maternity Abbey Maxi Dress
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
EverPretty Elegant A Line V Neck Hollow Out Long Bridesmaid Dress with Lace Bodice 07509Everybody Undies Every Day Trunk, Boxers for Women, Made with Lightweight Soft Modal. The Perfect Everyday Boyshorts BlackEVIDNT Womens York Mid Rise Straight Ankle Jeans Jeans
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Evolve Women's Active Workout gold Goat Yoga Legging Printed Fitted Stretch Tights XS, S, M, LExclusive Indian Ethnicwear Matka Silk Black and Red Coloured Bengal Handloom SareeExocet jeans Black Jogger with Cargo Pockets Harem Pant
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Etwoa's Elephant Print Infinity Scarf Circle Loop Scarf? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
ExOfficio Women's Floriana Scoop CardiganExOfficio Women's Wanderlux Cap Sleeve Midi DressExtra Large Sunglasses Case Hard Shell Light Weight With Cloth Unisex Durable Predective Holder for Oversized Eyeglasses
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Eyeglasses Augusto Valentini 75140 Size 52MMEyeglasses Carrera CA 7387 PA9 memory metal Size 4919140Eyeglasses Guess GU 1907 020 grey other