– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Fadcloset Arica Womens Leather JacketFadcloset Josephine Womens Leather JacketFadcloset Olivia Womens Leather BlazerFadcloset Womens Large Brown Two Button Leather Coat
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Faded Azalea AG Adriano goldschmied Women's Jodi Crop Flare
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
FADVES Wide Brim Sinamay Fascinators Wedding Kentucky Derby Party Occasion Headwear
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Fair Indigo Fair Trade Organic JumperFAIRY COUPLE 1920s FloorLength VBack Sequined Embellished Prom Evening Dress D20S004Faisean Womens Bodycon Velvet Dress Empire Waisted Long Sleeve Tie Front Mini Party DressFaja para women Post parto Medica Lumbar espalda Lined Shaper Vest
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Fajas MyD 0056 Colombian high Waist Cincher Trainer Faja Cinturilla ReductoraFajate Virtual Sensuality Just Us Store Ultra Compression Posture Corrector Colombian Body Shaper FajaFal Women's Halter Beaded Homecoming Dress Short Cocktail Prom Dress with Pockets
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Falke Womens Finest No4 Camel and Silk Socks BlackFalke Womens Wool Tech Long Sleeve Shirt Heather GreyFalydal Applique A Line Evening Dress High Low Two Pieces Prom Formal Dresses
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Eyeglasses Smith Decoder 03YR Dark Havana? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Fame And Partners Womens Janvier Satin Strapless Evening DressFamulily Women's Comfy Soft Stretch Wide Leg Polka Floral Print Palazzo Pajama Pants LoungeFanciest Women' Sweetheart Sequin Prom Dresses Mermaid Formal Evening Gowns gold
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Fanciest Women's Flowers Lace Wedding Dresses with Half Sleeves Bridal Gowns WhiteFanciest Women's Off Shoulder Lace Wedding Dresses for Bride 2018 Mermaid Bridal Gowns WhiteFanciest Women's Straps Beaded Short Bridesmaid Dresses Purple Wedding Party Dress