– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Burgundy3 Lily Wedding Womens Strapless Lace Mermaid Wedding Dresses 2019 Long Sweetheart Bridal Gown DressBurkina Faso ScudoPro Winter Thermal Cycling Jersey for WomenBurnt Ochre Marmot Women's Minimalist JacketBurton Luna Baselayer Short Womens
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Burton Women's Allis Sweater, Dove Heather, Large
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Burton Women's Fly Snow Pant, Mood Indigo W17, Large
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Burton Women's Keystone Tote LargeBurton Women's Profile Snow Ski Snowboarding MittsBurton Women's Women's Evergreen Down Hoody Insulator, Martini Olive Dress bluee, XLargeButtercupgoods Womens Down Duck Coat Hooded Parka Wool Collar Long Type Jacket Full Sleeve Plus Size
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Butterflies Women's Handbag (Purple) (BNS WB0103)Butterfly Paradise Bridesmaid Dresses LongBuy Me Brunch Women's Adios Pantalones Tank
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
BuyBuyBuy Women's Swimwear, Printed Pattern LowCut Backless highRise Sexy Bikini with Wireless Padded Bra ComfortableBw Contrast Demi Loon Retro Pinup Halter Top Sexy Country Cowgirl Pinup TopBwsb011 Mahoganymaroon(8 inseam) BUBBLELIME 2.5 4 Inseam Out Pocket Yoga Shorts Running Shorts Active
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Burgundy SDRESS Women's Double V Neck 2 Piece Outfits Lace Evening Party Dress Long Prom Dress? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
By JJ Sleek Long Sleeve Asymmetric TopByjia Modern Latin Jazz Dance Dresses With Sequins ShowBYOS Womens Airy Crinkled Lightweight Soft Infinity Scarf Loop Snood in Solid color
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
BYWX Women Hoodie Slim Quilted Pure color Snap Button Long Puffer Down JacketBYWXWomen Warm Wool Blended Double Breasted Fashion Dress Trench Pea CoatC CTO Czz Cigaret Case,Stainless Steel Cigarette Case, Portable Ladies and Men's Cigarette Case