– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Black Pleated RBX Active Women's Workout Yoga 7 8 Ankle Legging with Side DetailBlack prAna Halle Straight Tall InseamBlack ProBikeUS Womeb's Oneshoulder Slim SemiFormal Maxi Evening DressBlack pujinggeCA Womens Lapel Long Jacket DoubleBreasted Casual Trench Coat with Belt
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Black qibinfs Sequins Bridesmaid Dresses Mermaid Sparkly Backless Wedding Party Gown Women Prom for Formal
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Black Rachel Rachel Roy Womens February Halter Tiered Midi Dress
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Black Real Smooth Extra Firm Control Strapless SlipBlack Retro Party Dress Women Cap Sleeve Deep VNeck Sequin Split Cocktail Party Knee Length Dress (color Black, Size M)Black Rmaytiked Womens Off The Shoulder Mermaid Prom Dresses Long 2019 Satin Formal Evening Ball GownsBlack pink My Michelle Womens Prom Dress Prom Dress
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Black RVCA Womens Solid One Piece Swimsuit One Piece SwimsuitBlack Satin Double Bone Gothic Burlesque Waist Training Long Overbust Corset TopBlack Seafolly Womens Ocean pink Wrap Me 3 4 Legging Leggings
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Black Sheared Mink Knitted Neck Warmer CollarBlack Silver Kayamiya Women's Evening Shawl Beaded Sequin Deco Wedding WrapsBlack SMDPPWDBB Maternity Bodycon Dress Long Sleeve ONeck Ruched Sides Knee Length Shirred Dress
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Camel CCF Winter Scarf Woman Soft Elegant Classic Scarves Shawl 200cm × 40cm V (color Camel)? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Black Soybu Women's Killer Caboose Legging PantsBlack Square Two 12 Fashion Velvet Women's Buckle BeltBlack StyleStalker Womens Lace Mini Cocktail Dress
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Black SUNNOW Women's Summer Solid VNeck Sexy Ruffle V Back Cocktail Club Evening Party Long Maxi DressBlack Swim Swimwear Women's Split Swimsuit Long Sleeve Swimwear Beach Swimwear Bikini Sexy Lingerie Gift Swimsuit (color Black, Size S)Black Tail Activewear Women's Sasha Crop Top