– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
bluesh Cosabella Women's Never Say Never Mommiebluesh Floral J.O.A. Women's Open Front Mid Length Kimono Cardiganbluesh Lace Women's Satin Bride and Bridesmaid Wedding Party Short Kimono Robebluesh Multi S.L. Fashions Womens JewelStrap Tiered Cocktail Dress (Petite and Regular)
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
bluesh Pink LISA.MOON Women's V Neck Long Sleeves Back Hole Lace Applique Pearl Evening Gown
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
bluesh PJ Harlow Womens Frankie Jolie Capri Pajama Set
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
bluesh Short Mother of The Bride Dress Lace Long Sleeve Evening Gown Mother Dresses with Jacketbluesh VaniaDress Women Lace Short Sleeves Long Evening Dress Prom Gown V061LFbluesh YUSHENGSM Women's High Neck Satin Long Prom Dresses for Women Formal Evening Party GownsBLVD Collection by Forplay Women's Venice Beach Halter Monokini
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
BNatyam Women's After Yoga Short Sleeve Cornflower DressBobbi Brown The Jill Eyeglasses 5216140 Matte Burgundy w Demo Clear Lens 7BLBobbycool Women's Cashmere Coat In Autumn
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Bobeau Kit Tie Sleeve Plus Size BlouseBobeau Womens Open Front HiLow Hem Cardigan SweaterBODEN Limited Edition Women's Dandelion Petal Top US Sz 2 Grey
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | bluee(blazer Only) MFrannie Women V Neck Long Sleeved Suit Jacket and Skirt 2 Pieces Blazer? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
BODEN Women's Paillette Credver Dress RedBody After Baby Sienna CSection Recovery GarmentBody Wrappers 631 631XX Womens Stained Glass Asymmetrical Bell Sleeve Tunic
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Bogner Women’s Tahiti 2 CrossBody BagBoho Mgoldccan Leather Bag with Goat Fur FlapBolle 12170 12170 bluee Yellow Bolt Wrap Sunglasses Cycling, Running, Lens Categ