– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
bluesh Women's Modern Muse Strapless Chemise Setbluesh Pink Marina Womens Beaded Mesh Gown Cocktail DressBlyent Women Classic Mermaid Floral Printed Qipao Bodycon Mini DressesBMY Eye Predection Glasses Antibluee Light AntiUV Radiation Predection Computer Work Glasses Unisex (color A)
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Boao 3 Pieces Women's Sports Crop Top Cotton Basic Sleeveless Racerback Crop Girl's Tank Top for Everyday Wearing
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Bobbycool Boutique Windbreaker Jacket Women Coat Couture slim
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Bobeau Amada Longsleeve Woven DressBobeau Lindsay Rolled Hem ShortBobeau Womens Lola Printed Bell Sleeves Casual DressBOCOTUBE Women's Casual Long Sleeve Plaid Dresses Loose Swing Tunic Dress Pockets
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
BODEN Women's Floral Midi Skirt US Sz 2P Yellow Green WhiteBODEN Women's Sorrento Ankle Skimmer Pants orange MulticolordBody By Tacy SHAPEMAKER Capri Pants.
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Body Wrappers Womens Lace Insert Dress (625)Bogner Women's Ellen CrossBody BagBoho Mgoldccan Leather Bag with Goat Fur Flap
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | blueewolfsea Women's One Piece Pants Outfits colorblock Windbreaker Long Sleeve Zipper Front Hoodie Jumpsuit Romper? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Bolero Red ExOfficio Kelowna Full Zip Hiking ApparelBollé Whiplash Asymmetrical Layered Tennis Skirt with Shorts, Whiplash Black, MediumBollywood 100% Original Ethnic Gown Anarkali Salwar Kameez suit Ceremony Muslim 8806
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Bollywood Bridal Saree Sari for Women Collection Blouse Wedding Party Wear Ceremony 841 24Bollywood Collection Anarkali Salwar Kameez Suit Ceremony Punjabi Muslin 642 3Bollywood Collection Salwar Kameez Churidar suit Wedding Ceremony bridal 8635