– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Uryouthstyle Sweetheart Satin Long Prom Dresses Spaghetti Strap Slit Evening GownsUS Fairytailes Strapless Fancy Cocktail Party Junior Prom Dress 2578USA Vintage American Flag Purse (Leatherette Black)UTAKE Women Handbags Shoulder Tote TopHandle Crossbody Bags PU Leather Purse
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Uther Short Homecoming Dresses Lace Appliques 2018 Prom Wedding Party Dress V Neck
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
UTOSI Women Sexy Swimsuit Two Pieces Bikini Set Beach Suit Halter Straps Swimwear
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
UUYUK Women Lapel One Button Slimming Mid Long Elegant Pea CoatUUYUKWomen Alternative Winter Puffer Long Sleeve Long Jacket CoatUV Predection Round Retro Ladies Sunglasses 4 colors (color C)UZN Women's Long Lace Applique Prom Evening Dresses V Neck 3 4 Sleeve Mother of Bride Dresses
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
V for City Women's Two Piece Bikini Swimsuits Tie Side Halter Triangle String Bathing SuitV.I.P. JEANS Womens 2170009db7 JeansVacation Beach Print Mini Dresses Draped Puff Sleeve Sexy Deep VNeck Dress
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Valentino VA 4028 HAVANA RED BROWN SHADED women SunglassesValyne Pattern Stamped Tote Large Shoulder HandbagVampal bluee Strapless Beaded Taffeta Cocktail Dress With Bubble Skirt
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Unomatch Women's Thin Loose White Casual Shorts? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Vampal Elegant White Strapless Short Layered Wedding Dress With Black SashVampal Ivory Satin A Line Off The Shoulder Beaded Wedding Dress With Pick UpsVampal Mint Green Halter Lace Ankle Length Bridesmaid Dress With Lace Up Back
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Vampal Red Short Strapless Asymmetrical Bridesmaid Dresses With Flower DetailVampal White Asymmetrical Sleeveless A Line V Neck Short Lace Wedding DressesVan Caro Thick Plaid Cashmere Wool Winter Scarf Shawl for Women Men