– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Unisex Changing Bath Robe Adult Beach Print Microfiber Towel Bathrobe QuickDrying Hooded Poncho Women's Cloak (bluee) for Beach Surf Swim TriathlonUnisex Couple Hoodie Hooded Sweater Cordon Outdoor Arrow White Alphabet Sweater Fashion Versatile for Men Women, BlackUnisex Plaid Cashmere Feel Winter Scarf 7 CometsUnisex Vintage Style Polarized Aviator Sunglasses Buzz & Bessie Samba Shades
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
United By bluee Highlands Travel Shirt Women's
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Universal bluee Frankenstein Vinyl Bowler Handbag
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Unomatch American Women's VNeck Lace Slim Hip Skirt Style Sleeve Lace Dress WhiteUnomatch Women Front Embroide Neck Line Top ShirtsUnomatch Women Plus Size Long Skirt Irregular French Courtship Slip Dress BlackUnomatch Women Sleeveless Star Design Lace Party Dress White
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Unomatch Women's Elegance Decorated Wrinkle Pencil Skirt Dress BlackUnomatch Women's Plus Palm Print Beachwear 1 Piece SwimsuitUnomatch Women's Thin Loose White Casual Shorts
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
UONBOX Women's Elegant Summer Off Shoulder Short Sleeves Cocktail Night Party Bridesmaid Wedding Bodycon DressUONBOX Women's Spaghetti Straps VNeck Lace Tassel Jumpsuits with ZipperUP Ultrapink Plus Size Womens Designer Knit Off Shoulder Sheath Dress
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Uniboutique Women's Long Open Front Cardigan Vest with Pockets and Belt? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Upopby Women's Mesh Swimsuit Cover Up Bikini Sarong Strapless Dress Midi Skirt Beach Coverup DressURRU Women's Satin Silk Bathrobe Oblique VNeck Short Kimono Robe Bridesmaids Robe SXXLURSFUR Women's Real Fox Fur Roller Hat with Mink Top Multicolor
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
US Blanks US871 Women's' French Terry SweatpantUSAMM Ladies Vintage Proud Air Force Mom Fleece Boutique Style Open Neck SweatshirtUther One Shoulder Mermaid Wedding Dresses Long Vintage Lace Bridal Dress