– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
White Yisha Bello Women's Flower Lace Beaded Wedding Dress for Bride Long Satin Beach Bridal GownWhite YUYUEYUE Gobble Til You Wobble Funny Thanksgiving Shirt Women Casual Short Sleeve TShirt Turkey Top TeeWhite ZWWZ Women Faux Fur Casual Open Front Jackets Long Sleeve Warm Winter Lapel Coat OuterwearWhite, White Columbia Womens Arcadia II Jacket
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
White bluee Silver Alfred Dunner Plus Versailles Lace Floral Top
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
White Royal bluee James and Nicholson Unisex Workwear Vest Level 2
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
White02 PERSUN Straw Sun Hats Wide Brim Foldable Summer Travel Caps Uv Predection Bowknot Beach HatsWhitea IVYPRECIOUS Mermaid Sweetheart Long Bridesmaid Dresses Satin with Sweep TrainWhiteredfloral Dydsz Long Evening Prom Dresses for Women Formal Gown with Pockets Print Floral D295Whitewed V Neck 1920s Sequin Fringe Charleston Flapper Dance Dresses Costumes
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Whoinshop Women’s Long Sleeve Crystal Diamond Midi Cocktail DressWholesale Bifocal Reading Sunglasses (12 Pair Included ) The Sophisticator WHXYAA Women's Diamond Dinner Bag Women's Luxury Party Bag Evening Clutch (color Black, Size XS)
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
WHZZ Tulle Long Prom Formal Dresses Lace Appliques Beaded Evening GownsWHZZ Women's Short Party Dresses Detachable Straps Tulle Lace Bridesmaid DressesWife Mom Boss Embroidered Cap Premium Cotton Dad Hat
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | White Unions Women Beaded Long Mermaid Tulle Prom Dress Short Sleeves Backless Formal Evening Gown? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Wild Hazel Women's Cotton Elastic Waist, Line Victorian Style SkirtWild Meadow Women's Stripe Wrap DressWildflower Sunsets Womens Swim Systems Crossroads Adjustable Bikini Top
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
WILDFOX Sun Dynasty Sunglasses in CoconutWilliam Rast Womens Atwood Pintuck Tie Neck Printed Peasant Top BlouseWilliam Rast Womens Riley Slit Neck Step Hem Top Shirt