– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Whitegold 1 20 Total Carat Weight DIAMOND FASHION EARRINGSWhitewash Memento Lace Trina Turk Womens Loomis Beaded Tassel Bell Sleeve Dress DressWhiting and Davis Neon Dance Bag (Black)Whoinshop Women Sequin Beads Cocktail Club Party Bodycon Mini Dress
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
Whoinshop Women's Sparkly Long Sleeve Celebrity V Neck Contrast Bodycon Party Dress
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Who's Who Women's MCBI14314 Black Viscose Pants
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
WHZZ Elegant ALine VNeck Beaded Prom Dress Tulle Backless Evening Dress WHZZ218WHZZ Women Ball Gown Prom Dresses with gold Appliqued Formal Evening DressWHZZ Women's Short Homecoming Dress Off The Shoulder Formal Bridesmaid DressesWide Leg Pants Women Zipper Fly Loose Trousers Women Grey High Waist Self Belted Box Pleat,
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Wild Aster Wacoal Women's La Femme Contour BraWild Little Cat Winter Women Down Coats Dress 80% Duck Down Long Slim OvercoatWild Red D G PRINTS FAB Women’s Turkish Kaftan Beachwear Swimwear Bikini Cover ups Beach Dress
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Wildfox Moody Baggy Beach Jumper Clean BlackWildfox Women's Bridesmaid Zip Up HoodieWilliam Rast Womens Atwood Pintuck Tie Neck Printed Peasant Top Blouse
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | White Womens Satin Long Prom Dresses 2019 Floor Length Strapless Evening Gowns P179? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
William Rast Womens Plus Camouflage High Rise Cropped JeansWilliam Rast Womens Zadie Paisley Embroidered Blouson Top ShirtWin8Fong Women Faux Fringe Tassel Shoulder Bag Big Casual Tassels Hobo Handbag
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Wine April Apparel Women's Basic TOPWine Ladies Genuine Leather Bags Handbags Women Bag Ladies Designer Crossbody Bags Black SacWine Red Antopmen Women Sexy V Neck Long Sleeve Front Knot Bodycon Midi Party Dress