– Last week, WRAG and 14 partner organizations convened Interventions that Work: 2020 Census & Hard-to-Count Communities, a forum that kicked off a regional get-out-the-count effort, especially among immigrant communities, communities of color, and other populations that are at risk of being undercounted in the census. Check out the #CountDMVIn hashtag on Twitter for conversation highlights, and watch the kickoff video below, produced by the United Way of the National Capital Area, and featuring Dr. Madye Henson (WRAG), Rosie Allen-Herring (UWNCA), Chuck Bean (Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments), and other community leaders.
Striped01 Shepink Women's Long Sleeve color Block Shirts Tunics Tops with PotcketStructured Hot Tee Cosmic GreenStudded Top Handle Checkered Boston Bag with Detachable Adjustable Shoulder StrapStudio M Women's Cowl Neck Ruched Lace Sheath Dress
Related: The Resilience Fund, a funding collaborative at the Greater Washington Community Foundation, has released a new RFP for the 2020 Count DMV In Census Project, a pooled fund to support projects focused on the 2020 Census, including education, outreach, and direct assistance focused on hard-to-count communities. Learn more here.
STUOYE MultiPocket Nylon Crossbody Purse Bag with Adjustable Zipper
Related: Read a message from the co-chairs of WRAG’s 2020 Census Working Group calling on their philanthropic colleagues to invest in nonprofit partners with deep connections to those communities – especially communities of color – most at risk of an undercount. (WRAG members: The next working group meeting is Monday, June 17. Register here.)
Style & co. Carolyn Clutch Handabag Champagne
– The Urban Institute has released a new interactive data resource looking at the potential for census miscounts under different risk scenarios. (Urban, 6/4)
Style & Co. Petite Cargo Jeggings, Bright White, 8 PetiteStyle & Co. Tummy Control Skinny JeansStyle & Co. Women's Plus Capris Cropped Solid PantsSTYLE & COMPANY 49 Womens New 1110 Light bluee Denim HiLo Top S Petites B+B
– Wells Fargo has pledged to invest $1 billion from its business and foundation into affordable housing. (Chronicle, 6/5)
– For better or worse, opportunity zones abound in Greater Washington. Here’s where the money is likely to flow. (WBJ, 6/7)
Style 2 White XSWPL Gorgeous Beaded Quinceanera Dresses with Bow Ball Gowns Sweet 16 Prom DressesStyle C Kafiloe Womens Mesh See Through Club Party Bodycon Jumpsuit Rompers Sexy 2 Piece Outfits Pants Set and Crop TopStyle&co Floral Blocking Shirt Dress
– D.C. Budget Thrown Into Turmoil After City’s CFO Objects To Funding Ploy To Pay For Public Housing Repairs (WAMU, 6/10)
Style1 Green COMVIP 2kinds Women Classic 1920s Sequin Beaded Maxi Formal Prom DressStyle1ivory Beilite Women's Sweetheart Beaded A Line Wedding Dresses for BrideStyle2bluee Jingliz Short Camo Homecoming Dresses Satin Bridesmaid Dress Prom Gown
##] (WAMU, 6/10)
EDUCATION | Virginia Tech Will Be Amazon’s Neighbor With Construction Of New $1B ‘Innovation Campus’ (WAMU 6/10)
PUBLIC SAFETY | Residents in Ward 8 say it’s time to broaden the definition of safe streets to include both car and gun violence. (GGWash, 6/7)
GENTRIFICATION | Stormtech Women's Vortex 3 in 1 Parka? (CP, 6/5)
Missed the Tony’s on Sunday? Here are the highlights
Style3 Wine Red Engerla Bridal Women's Satin Prom Dress Off The Shoulder Beaded Aline Long Homecoming DressStyle7 Uther Women's Sweetheart Long Wedding Prom Dress Tulle Ball Gown Quinceanera DressesStylefun Women's Short Beach Wedding Dress Lace Dresses for Bride A Line Bridal Gown 1950s WD010
The (Almost) Daily WRAG will be back this week on Wednesday and Thursday!
Stylish Bollywood Solid Chocolate Satin Sari with Designer Blouse Indian Ethnic Cocktail Party wear Saree 7652Stylishfashion Bollywood Pakistani Indian Women's Ethnic Aanarkali Salwar KameezSububblepper Women's 3 4 Sleeve Crew Neck Long Maxi Dress with Pockets (color Black, Size S)